Part of any great landscaping includes perennials. There’s a simple reason perennials are so popular—you plant them once, and they bloom year after year. Since different perennials bloom at different times, you can create a dynamic garden that changes with the seasons. A prime concern when choosing perennials is whether they can stand up to local weather conditions. In this part of the country, the winters get pretty severe, meaning any perennial you choose needs to have the strength to endure cold, snow and wind.
Also of importance when choosing perennials is your specific yard and landscaping design. Soil type matters, as does the amount of sun the plant can expect to receive during the day. A great idea is to rely on landscaping services in Warren County, NJ to help you choose the most ideal perennials for your yard. With a little professional assistance, you can easily have landscaping worthy of a magazine cover. To get you started on choosing perennials, read on for some popular options known for surviving New Jersey weather:
- Yarrow: Yarrow is a taller flower that can add great contrast to your landscaping. The flowers are small and dense, making them very attractive. Even though they are tall, the stems are strong and able to withstand sudden storms and high winds. Plant these in an area with lighter soil and good drainage to ensure they come back year after year.
- Coral bells: Coral bells are wonderful flowers that you will immediately recognize. Many landscaping services in Warren County, NJ recommend them to their clients. They come in a variety of colors, including red, pink, white and violet. Plant them in sandy soil for optimum results.
- New York ironweed: New York ironweed is a deep violet flower that will bloom in late July or early August and can last all the way through October if the weather is right. Although they are very durable, you still should plant them in areas that receive a lot of sunlight.
- Astilbe: Choose astilbe to add bright pockets of color to your landscaping. They come in a great array of colors, meaning that whatever color is missing in your lawn, you can fill it in using this flower. Better yet, this flower will grow under many conditions, so if you have problematic spaces in your yard where little will grow, this might be your solution. Have landscaping services in Warren County, NJ add color to your yard using astilbe.
- Veronica: Although veronica flowers come in many colors, most people choose the blue variety since few other flowers offer such a vibrant form of blue. They are low maintenance, only needing plenty of sunlight, and are great for filling in otherwise boring spaces in your landscaping.
- Garden phlox: Especially with New Jersey winters, you might want to consider garden phlox. These strong plants can handle whatever the winter throws at it. They provide great five-petal flowers and thrive with sunlight and moist soil.
- Soapwort: Soapwort comes in many colors and is best used in areas that have poor soil. Plant these in stony areas or next to the road or sidewalk for a quick solution to otherwise dull landscaping areas.
The right perennial plants have a way of transforming your landscaping into something worthy of admiration. Contact Sunshine Tree & Landscape to plant flowers and make your landscaping look its very best.
Categorised in: Landscaping
This post was written by admin