After the winter thaws, it’s time to get outside and begin gardening. If you get started early, you can have a beautiful and bright garden blooming all summer long. These gardens are wonderful to gaze out and enjoy from the comfort of your patio or yard.
Before you dive in to your own landscaping in Hunterdon County, NJ, it’s important to know what flowers are best to plant during the warm summer months in this temperate climate. While you can buy nearly any type of flower seeds, only some are well equipped to flourish in the Garden State’s humid summers. Here are some excellent, long-blooming perennials that you should consider planting:
- Garden Phlox: This might not be a name you’re familiar with, but we’re certain you’ve seen these flowers around. Come mid-summer, they are a favorite of many people’s gardens. They bloom all summer long and often into the fall, with delicate and beautiful petals constantly on display.
- Stella de Oro: You’ll love these flowers for their vibrant colors and compact size. A kind of daylily, the Stella de Oro flowers early in the season and can thrive until early fall. It requires little care and will brighten up any garden.
- Shasta Daisy: Daisies are practically synonymous with happiness and joy. Such is what you’ll feel looking out on them blooming all summer long in your garden. While they are delicate in appearance, daisies actually are quite durable and will flower all summer long without the need for careful landscaping in Hunterdon County, NJ.
- Russian Sage: This flower is the perfect addition to any garden, as it can grow nearly anywhere and is not distracting or overly flashy. With a subtle beauty, it is the perfect compliment to any arrangement of flowers and blooms with small blossoms throughout the warmer months.
- Coneflower: If you’ve lived in New Jersey for long enough, you know the summer months can sometimes bring on long droughts. Fortunately, with a flower like the coneflower, you don’t have to worry about constantly watering it. Famous as a drought-tolerant flower, it is comfortable in the hot sun and will bloom all summer long with little irrigation. It’s also quite lovely with delicate petals.
- Yarrow: Like many flowering plants, Yarrow is actually an herb that just happens to flower. However, you don’t need to cook with it to enjoy the beautiful yellow blooms. This flower grows easily and requires little maintenance.
New Jersey is a wonderful state in which to cultivate beautiful and fragrant summer gardens. With many varieties of flowers that thrive in our northeastern climate, you will have no trouble growing a gorgeous garden that you can sit outside and enjoy from the comfort of your patio or porch. Get started now or consider hiring a professional gardener from the landscapers at Sunshine Tree & Landscape. To learn more or to set up an appointment for gardening services, give us a call at 908-387-1111.
Categorised in: Landscaping
This post was written by admin